Emergence

And finally a sense of peace fills my heart, as I sit in front of this majestic sea. Finally on holiday. Sitting by the beach at Koh Samui.

It’s been an eventful month, with my final medical exams and my dearest granny passing away. It’s not been easy having to cope with the loss of someone who practically brought me up and still finding the will to carry on.

But yesterday I received the news that I’ve cleared my exams and am now a Doctor! Things are definitely looking up. I know that if she were here, she would definitively be ecstatic!

On a lighter note, Koh Samui is definitely paradise! Emerald and turquoise water, pristine and glistening in all its glory! Complete castaway beach feelings as I take long walks on the beach, coconut trees everywhere.

The day starts with the most picturesque and glorious sunrises, lemon and amber mixing into shades of tangerine. It ends with shades of magenta and lilac , with the colours of coral and the blush of a rosebud.

We spent hours shopping and taking in the island.

We walked through a local food market and oh my! Stalls selling batter fried silkworms and grasshoppers.

Quail eggs with Thai sauces.

Fruit vendors selling dragon fruit, mangosteen, rambutan and longan! And tamarind!

We spent an evening in the wharf. A beautiful area with boutiques, restaurants and beach clubs! Love the vibe and the atmosphere!

Candle light dinners on the beach, bean bags in the sand and a good glass of wine in my hand! The evening can’t get much better than that!

We took a day and went by yacht to Angthong National Park. Towering limestone formations protruding out of the turquoise waters. Exactly like those postcard pictures.

We did some kayaking in the middle of the ocean, through the limestone caves. Hard work but extremely thrilling and just too beautiful! We even jumped off the top of the boat and into the ocean! Just for the thrill of it!

We then went on to snorkling. This was my first time and it was an experience unparalleled! What a magical world lies under the sea! Corals and lobsters, turtles and fishes! We saw two large schools of fish. One of the most calming and exhilarating experiences ever!

We finally climbed up to see the emerald lake. Literally emerald! Nestled in between towering rock formations of limestone and rainforest! Absolutely magical!

And now, as I sit by the sea with a drink in my hand and with the people I love, I can’t help but breathe freely and just enjoy this very moment. Great adventures lie ahead and I’m more than ready!

Advertisements

20 Comments Add yours

1. Wow. Just wow. your photography is absolutely stunning! Seriously this is incredible! I found your message on the community pool and I’m so glad I clicked on your link – definitely following!!!

1. Lemon zest says:

Thankyou sooo much ! ☺️☺️

2. Jane Gealy says:

Your photos are amazing!

1. Lemon zest says:

Thankyou 😊 glad you liked it

Liked by 1 person

3. Hello!!! I have nominated you (yes you!) for the Versatile blogger award!! I’d be absolutely honoured if you could accept it but I completely understand if you’d rather not – this is just me letting you know that I think your blog is fab! 🙂

1. Lemon zest says:

Oh my god ! Thankyou! 😊 I’d love to thankyou sooo much! I’m honoured and very humbled thankyou!

4. Syd says:

Ooh! How wonderful! Looks like you had a great time… ❤ Beautiful pictures!

1. Lemon zest says:

Thanks 😊 yes it’s beautiful here

1. Syd says:

That’s so amazing!

5. Woah… studying medicine must be really hard….I am preparing for entrances now and it’s quite difficult. I hope I can also achieve my aim.

1. Lemon zest says:

Ooooh ! Yes it is I won’t deny 😂 but it’s also very rewarding.
      All the best !

6. I an so sorry for your loss. This must be duch a difficult time for you. Many congratulations on qualifying as a doctor though! I can’t think of any better place to celebrate than in koh samui! I spent two days there at the end of my honeymoon and we went to angthong national park too…it was extraordinary! I got sun stroke on the way there, foolishly lying too long in the heat, but nothing was going to stop me from scrambling up to the very top of the largest island to see the view of all the islands clustered together way below (perhaps not my wisest idea but definitely worth it!). I am glad you had a fabulous time!

1. Lemon zest says:

Hey thankyou soo much!
      I lay down several hours in the sunshine also … it’s too tempting to not.
      I agree Koh Samui and angthong is just wonderful

Liked by 1 person

7. I’d love to go back! And wish I’d had longer to explore. You seem to have found so many interesting spots that we didn’t have time for. We took a gamble on angthong being worth the visit on our one full day…i am sooo glad we did but it would have been amazing to see more!

1. Lemon zest says:

Yea it is beautiful! You should definitely try to come back!

8. madisoneran says:

Yout blog is so pleasing to look at and also has really lovely content. Not to mention your Instagram is also beautiful as well.

1. Lemon zest says: